Tips to an Immune-Friendly Lifestyle
- Wash your hands often. Many of the germs we pick up are a result of touching other people or contaminated objects like door knobs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Most germs enter through the mucus membranes on the body.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps flush invading organisms out of your digestive tract.
- Get adequate sleep. Much of the repair and strengthening occurs during the restorative sleep cycle. You need between 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Get control of stress. Stress weakens the immune system and prolongs recovery.
- Foster loving relationships. People who are in loving relationships have healthier immune systems and fewer bouts of illness.
- Don’t over-eat and avoid simple sugars and refined carbohydrates. Overeating weakens immunity and stresses the digestive system. Remember, all it takes is one teaspoon of sugar to compromise your immune response.